Nose Surgery in Baltimore
As the central feature of the face, the nose plays an important role in one’s overall appearance. At his Baltimore plastic surgery center, Dr. Ronald Schuster utilizes the rhinoplasty procedure to help individuals concerned about the size or shape of their nose achieve a more proportionate and attractive look.
Purpose of Rhinoplasty:
- To improve outside appearance of nose
- To straighten and fix a crooked or broken nose
- To improve breathing through the nose
- To improve facial balance and symmetry
Read below to learn more about rhinoplasty in Baltimore with Dr. Schuster and see how this facial plastic surgery can help you enhance your appearance. Or, schedule your consultation today via our contact form or by calling 410-902-9800.
- Every nose and face is different. It’s important to evaluate each person’s likes and dislikes about their nose. Dr. Schuster does not do the same nose on everyone. Many changes can be performed in order to improve appearance and keep the nose in good balance with the rest of the face. During your consultation at our Maryland center, he can determine if rhinoplasty is appropriate for you based on your unique goals and needs
- An open rhinoplasty technique is used about 80 percent of the time. This method provides for full view of structures of the nose, which allows for more precision. It is especially useful for irregular tips and secondary (redo) surgery. All incisions are on the inside except one on the undersurface.
- Closed rhinoplasty is used 20 percent of the time. This technique may be used when little change is needed in the tip. All incisions are on the inside of nose.
- Both general and twilight anesthesia available
- Outpatient procedure, though arrangements can be made for an overnight stay
- At our Maryland center, rhinoplasty may be combined with other cosmetic options to enhance results, including facial procedures like chin surgery, brow lift, face lift, eyelid surgery, Restylane®, BOTOX® Cosmetic.
Recovery After Rhinoplasty:
- Relatively easy; because the nose is no longer packed after rhinoplasty, the procedure is much more comfortable
- Splint worn on outside of nose for one week
- Recommend one week off from work/school
- Back to full activity in three weeks
- Must be careful not to hit your nose for four to six weeks
Contact Ronald Schuster, MD for more rhinoplasty information or to schedule a consultation today. Call 410-902-9800 today.