With so many non-surgical injectable options in 2021, how do you know which one to choose? The first step is to make sure you are choosing the right aesthetic practice. Even the most superior brands on the market won’t do you much good in the hands of unskilled, unqualified practitioners. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Ronald Schuster and our team have been performing these injections for many years, achieving great results for numerous patients. We offer BOTOX Cosmetic® and Dysport® botulinum toxin type A neuromodulators.
BOTOX Cosmetic® and Dysport® have quite a lot in common:
- Treat glabellar lines, crow’s feet, and horizontal forehead wrinkles
- Results last roughly 3-4 months
- The appointment takes approximately 10 minutes for the injections alone
- Downtime is minimal
- They are both neuromodulators that temporarily halt the muscle contractions that are causing folds in the skin
- They are both FDA-approved for safety and effectiveness
- Side effects are minimal and may including bruising, swelling, redness, and headaches
There are also several ways in which they differ:
- The doses are different (more units may be used for Dysport®)
- BOTOX Cosmetic® was FDA cleared before Dysport®
- The composition of Dysport® causes it to spread more diffusely across the treatment area, whereas BOTOX® can provide more targeted effects
- Dysport® results may take shape a day or two earlier than BOTOX® results
In the hands of an experienced injector, your final outcome won’t be much different. It often comes down to personal preference. Many of our guests have tried both injectables – since the results can be refreshed every few months – and found that they favor one over the other for completely personal reasons. These reasons could be the look of the final results, side effects, treatment experience, downtime, onset of results, etc. After examining your face and discussing your expectations with you, Dr. Schuster is happy to make a recommendation for which type may be best.
The Right Wrinkle Relaxer for You
Dr. Schuster and our team are here to guide you through the neuromodulator options. Comparing BOTOX® Cosmetic to Dysport® is easy with our experienced guidance. To arrange a consultation at our Baltimore-area practice, please call our team in Lutherville-Timonium at 410-902-9800.