Patients interested in facial plastic surgery at our Baltimore, Maryland area center may be candidates for the neck lift procedure. Like other facial rejuvenation techniques, neck lift surgery targets specific problem areas to help patients achieve a more youthful and attractive overall appearance.
Purpose of Neck lift Procedure:
- To improve the fullness of the neck area beneath the chin
- To improve the “bands” or “cords” running up the neck
- To provide for a better profile
Neck Lift Before & After Photos
How much does a neck lift cost?
The cost of a neck lift ranges anywhere from $7,500 to $12,500 depending on the type of neck lift, anesthesia costs, and facility fees. However, Dr. Schuster doesn’t want cost to be a barrier between patients and their aesthetic desires. Please take a look at our zero and low-interest-rate financing options for your neck lift procedure.
Neck lift Surgery Techniques:
- It is possible to improve only the neck area without having to perform other facial plastic surgery procedures. For patients at his Baltimore, Maryland area center, Dr. Schuster can develop a treatment plan to meet individual needs. In particular, younger patients who, for genetic reasons, tend to have a rather “fatty” neck may be good candidates for neck lift surgery. Also, other patients simply age prematurely in their neck while the other areas of the face do not show the signs of aging as quickly. For these types of problems, there are a range of options available.
- Based on your specific concerns, liposuction alone, cervicoplasty, or neck lift surgery may be recommended.
- Liposuction alone requires the neck skin to shrink down after the fat is removed. The better the condition of the skin, the better the results of this technique.
- Cervicoplasty includes removal of fat as well as tightening the sheet of muscle beneath the neck. Cervicoplasty is an excellent facial plastic surgery option for helping to improve the angle of the neck. It is performed with just a small incision beneath the chin, but still requires that the neck skin be able to shrink down on the new shape of the neck.
- Neck lift is the next step for correction of problem areas of the neck. It includes all of the things listed above and in addition lifts the neck skin by removing extra skin from behind the ears. This becomes necessary when the neck skin is not elastic enough to shrink, or if there is simply too much extra skin.
Can a neck lift be combined with other procedures?
Yes. For those who have more severe sagging around the face, a neck lift can be combined with a facelift to accentuate your results. There are several techniques that Dr. Schuster can use to achieve the results you desire. If you want an incredibly youthful appearance, Dr. Schuster can perform a Composite Facelift, a special technique that includes a mid-face plication. This helps restore the fullness and contour of the cheeks while also removing excess skin. Whatever your goals may be, Dr. Schuster can create a customized treatment that satisfies your individual needs.
Are neck lift results permanent?
When performed by an experienced plastic surgeon like Dr. Schuster, the results of your neck lift can last anywhere from 10 to 15 years. However, this also depends on other factors such as health and weight fluctuations. To make sure your results last as long as possible, try to maintain your current weight, avoid excessive sun exposure, and don’t smoke. By following these steps, you will be able to enjoy your results for years to come.
What are the risks of Neck Lift Surgery?
There are a few potential risks and complications associated with neck lift surgery. This includes:
- Changes in Skin Sensation
- Skin Discoloration
- Persistent Pain
This is why it’s important to find a skilled board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Schuster to perform your neck lift. Dr. Schuster not only has decades of experience providing exceptional results to his patients, but is also certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He will take all of the steps necessary to minimize the risks of your procedure and provide a safe, comfortable experience.
What is recovery like?
The first few days after your procedure, you will likely still be groggy from the anesthesia. You may also feel some soreness around your neck. To help with blood flow, try sleeping on your back with your head elevated above your heart.
For the first week, make sure to rest as much as you can, making sure to follow Dr. Schuster’s post-operative instructions. Staying hydrated and eating nutritious meals will also help promote healing.
After one week, most patients can return to work depending on the physical nature of their job. Two weeks into recovery, you should be able to incorporate light physical activity into your routine. After three weeks, many patients can return to full activity.
Like any surgery, a neck lift requires you to have a support system in place during recovery. Make sure you have a spouse, friend, or family member available to help with chores, errands, and childcare if applicable.
Recuperation After Necklift Surgery:
- They can be done with just a “twilight” light sedation type of aesthesia*
- Relatively easy recovery with surprisingly minimal discomfort
- Most patients take one week off school/work and are back to full activity in three weeks
- Results can be seen immediately
For more information on the neck lift procedure or other facial plastic surgery options, contact plastic surgeon Ronald Schuster, MD to schedule a consultation.
*Individual results may vary