Skin care isn’t a product; it’s a process. Not only does your daily skin care regimen have a big impact on what you see in the mirror, it is the cornerstones to better skin health and maintenance. Whether you want to correct a specific issue or maintain your skin’s youthful glow, it can be difficult to navigate the dizzying variety of creams, injectables and laser treatments alone.
If you would like to explore non-surgical solutions to your cosmetic concerns, or if you would like to enhance the results of a plastic surgery procedure, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Ronald Schuster or our nurse specialist Mary Tatar RN can guide you through our wide range of non-surgical treatments to help you achieve your goals.
To learn how we can help you achieve the refreshed, natural-looking results you desire with non-surgical treatments, contact us today online or at 410-902-9800 to schedule a consultation. We help women and men from across Maryland, including Baltimore, Owings Mills, Towson and other nearby areas.
Click the following links for more information about our non-surgical services:
- Our Approach to Patient Treatment
- Cosmetic Facial Injectable Treatments
- Skin Rejuvenation Treatments
- Skin Care Products
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- CoolSculpting® – Non-Invasive Body Contouring
- Excess Underarm Sweat Treatment with miraDry®
- Why Choose Dr. Schuster?
- Schedule Your Initial Consultation Today
Our Approach to Patient Treatment
At the cosmetic surgery practice of Ronald H. Schuster, MD, we believe in designing individualized treatment plans to address your unique needs. When treating skin conditions, we offer a wide variety of procedures which can be performed alone or as part of a more comprehensive, customized treatment strategy that may include advanced skin care products to help enhance and maintain your results.
Our approach to personalized care is rooted in patient education. In order to make an informed decision, it is crucial that you clearly understand all of the treatment options available to you. During your initial consultation, we will work to understand your personal goals, carefully explain all of your treatment options, and recommend a tailored plan that best meets your objectives and budget. We will act as your trusted guides through your aesthetic process, but ultimately, you are in control. Every decision regarding your care is completely up to you.
Cosmetic Facial Injectable Treatments
Facial plastic surgery isn’t always necessary to achieve a look that turns back the clock. Cosmetic injectables such as wrinkle-relaxing neuro toxins and hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers are versatile treatment options that provide a variety of benefits without the need for surgery. Not only are cosmetic injectables effective, they are safe; for example, hyaluronic acid is a naturally-occurring substance in the body.
Our cosmetic injectable options include:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: The most popular cosmetic injectable treatment in the world, BOTOX® Cosmetic works by blocking the nerve signals responsible for dynamic lines that result from a lifetime of smiling, frowning and other common facial movements. It is used to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, providing a tighter, smoother, more youthful-looking facial appearance.
- Dysport®: Like BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport® uses a neurotoxin to treat and prevent wrinkles. Dysport® treatment has a slightly quicker onset and may be better tolerated by certain patients than BOTOX® Cosmetic.
- Juvederm®: Utilizing a safe and naturally-occurring substance called hyaluronic acid (HA), Juvederm® provides volume and minimizes the appearance of wrinkles by filling in facial creases and hollow areas.
- Restylane®: Another hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler, Restylane® is designed to create volume and fullness. It effectively adds plumpness to the cheeks and lips, and is also used to treat a variety of facial wrinkles.
- Sculptra®: Used to replace lost collagen in the nasolabial folds and other areas of the face, Sculptra® harnesses the power of Poly-L-lactic acid that works within the deep dermis.
- Radiesse®: Composed of a calcium hydroxyapatite formulation, a common substance in the body, Radiesse® is used to fill in facial folds and add volume to cheeks.
- Kybella®: This treatment is designed to eliminate submental fullness under the chin, more commonly known as a double chin. It can also be used “off label” to remove unwanted collections of fat. When injected into the treatment area, Kybella® destroys fat cells and improves your profile.
- Fat grafting: This type of repair and rejuvenation uses your body’s own fat to fill creases and add volume. During the process, fat is removed from an area such as the abdomen or thighs and specially-processed before being injected into the cheeks, lips, nasolabial folds or hollows beneath the eyes.
- PRP: Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy uses processed plasma harvested from your own blood to rejuvenate your skin and reduce the signs of aging.
- ACELL: Used together with PRP in order to regrow hair in the treatment of Androgenic Alopecia (hair loss) in men and women.
- Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty: Non-surgical rhinoplasty is an office treatment during which your provider uses a carefully selected soft tissue filler to improve the shape and contours of your nose.
If you would like to address the signs of facial aging, Dr. Schuster can help. He will help you understand the benefits of our treatment options and help you determine which solution best meets your needs.
Skin Rejuvenation Treatments
Surgical procedures are not ideal for every patients in every situation. We are pleased to offer a variety of skin care services to address aesthetic issues without incisions, sutures or long recovery periods. Our skin rejuvenation services include:
- Microneedling: The microneedling process involves the creation of controlled micro-punctures to trigger the body’s natural healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. This safe and effective treatment is used to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as stretch marks, acne scars and the skin’s overall color, texture and tone. This can also be performed with PRP for enhanced repair and rejuvenation of the skin.
- Chemical peels: Peel away years of sun damage, dark spots and wrinkles to reveal radiant and renewed skin. We offer a variety of custom peels. Schedule your consult to see which one is right for you.
- Dermaplaning: Remove facial “peach fuzz” also known as vellus hair, while gently lifting 3 weeks-worth of dead skin cells. This helps achieve a glow and the results last for up to 3-4 weeks. An excellent add-on to the HydraFacials or peels.
- HydraFacial MD®: Only HydraFacial uses patented technology to cleanse, extract, and hydrate. HydraFacial super serums are made with medical grade ingredients that nourish and rejuvenate the skin creating an instant gratifying glow.
- Visia® skin analysis: VISIA’s® advanced technology provides meaningful information to help us develop customized treatment plans, track your progress and reveal results.
Our skin rejuvenation services can be implemented alone or in combination with other procedures, such as a facelift or other facial plastic surgery procedures. During your initial consultation, we will assess your needs and explain all of your treatment options to help you create the look of your dreams.
Skin Care Products
Whether you want to prepare for plastic surgery, recover from a surgical cosmetic procedure, address the unwanted signs of aging or just maintain your skin’s natural vitality, Dr. Schuster offers a variety of options to nourish, repair and protect your skin.
With so many skin care products on the market, it can feel overwhelming to try to find the right solution for your specific needs. What is best for someone else may not be the ideal treatment for you.
At the cosmetic surgery practice of Ronald H. Schuster, MD , we never take a one-size-fits-all approach to patient care. We will conduct a thorough evaluation to determine which skin care option is best suited for your unique skin type, complexion, age and sensitivities.
Depending on your needs and goals, we may recommend:
- Sunscreens: Protection against the harmful effects of the sun is essential to maintain vibrant, youthful-looking skin.
- Moisturizers: The daily use of moisturizers can help to give your skin a smooth, healthy glow.
- Retinoids: An important aspect of your daily skin care routine, retinoids improve skin pigmentation, increase collagen production while preventing collagen deterioration.
- Antioxidants: Oxygen-free radicals have been linked with cell damage that contributes to inflammation, aging and cancer. Antioxidants remove free radicals and help to prevent the damage they cause.
- Specialty products: These include copper peptides and growth factors.
We are proud offer a comprehensive selection of exceptional, medical-grade skin care lines, including:
- Skinbetter Science®
- Alastin Skincare®
- ZO® Skin Health
- Hydrafacial MD®
Achieving the soft, luminous complexion you desire may require more than a typical at-home regimen. Dr. Schuster and our nurse specialist Mary Tatar RN will fully evaluate your condition and unique skin care needs before recommending the best approach to achieve your personal goals.
Laser Skin Resurfacing
Environmental exposure, aging and hormonal changes can all affect the health and beauty of your skin. Dr. Schuster can safely and effectively correct an array of skin imperfections safely and effectively with advanced laser skin resurfacing treatment.
Laser skin resurfacing can deliver dramatic results, and may be an ideal option if you experience:
- Uneven skin tone
- Poor skin texture
- Large pores
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Sun damage
- Pigmentation problems
Laser skin resurfacing is completely safe and comfortable. Whether your goal is to maintain your skin’s youthful beauty, address the effects of aging or prevent problems from developing, our laser skin resurfacing services can help you look and feel your best.
CoolSculpting® – Non-invasive Body Contouring
For patients seeking a non-invasive alternative to liposuction, CoolSculpting® may be an attractive option. Fat cells freeze at a higher temperature than other cells like muscle or skin. By using a technique known as cryolipolysis, CoolSculpting® works by safely cooling fat to its freezing temperature, which selectively destroys fat cells while leaving all other tissue unaffected. We were in fact the first plastic surgery practice in Baltimore to offer this.
CoolSculpting® can freeze away fat from the:
- Lower back
- Sides – “love handles” and “muffin tops”
- Neck (submental area) – double chin
Excess Underarm Sweat Treatment With Miradry®
Heavy or excessive sweating, known as hyperhidrosis, is caused by hyper-function of the sweat glands. If you feel self-conscious about excessive underarm sweating, Dr. Schuster can help you regain your confidence and help your underarms stay dry, odorless and clean with miraDry® treatment.
By applying controlled heat energy, miraDry® destroys sweat glands under the arms without affecting your body’s ability to naturally cool itself. The treatment is quick and convenient, and the results are long-lasting.
Why Choose Dr. Schuster?
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Ronald Schuster strives to provide a positive, rewarding experience for every patient that walks through our door. Our staff is experienced, compassionate and highly skilled in a broad array of cosmetic services.
We love what we do and take pride in being able to help you achieve your aesthetic goals. When you choose our practice, you will be treated like family and the unique individual you are. Your customized treatment plan will reflect our passion for personalized patient care.