As a woman, your breasts are more than just another component of your anatomy, they are integral aspects of your self-confidence and sense of femininity. If your breasts are the source of embarrassment or discomfort, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Ronald Schuster can help you achieve the beautiful, balanced, natural-looking figure you desire.
To learn how Dr. Schuster can help you lift, enhance, enlarge or reduce the size of your breasts, contact us online or at 410-902-9800 to schedule your initial consultation with our experienced breast surgeon. If you live out of state, virtual consultations are available. We serve patients from across the nation and Maryland, including Baltimore, Owings Mills and Towson.
Our Surgical Breast Procedures
Dr. Schuster offers an array of breast surgery options to accomplish a variety of aesthetic goals. Our surgical breast procedures include:
- Breast augmentation: If you want to improve the size and shape of your breasts, breast augmentation can help you get a larger, fuller bosom. More than simply increasing your cup size, Dr. Schuster can create beautiful, natural-looking breasts that compliment your frame, creating a balanced and more attractive figure.
- Breast lift: Sagging breasts can significantly diminish the appearance of your breasts and negatively affect your self-esteem. A breast lift performed by Dr. Schuster will raise your breasts to a more youthful position and restore your natural breast firmness. This can also be combined with breast implants in order to improve volume and shape.
- Breast reduction: Overly-large breasts can cause an array of problems, from chronic discomfort to poor overall health and wellbeing. With breast reduction surgery, Dr. Schuster can create breasts that are smaller, lighter and more manageable, while still full, feminine and beautiful.
- Male breast reduction: If you are a man who struggles with the embarrassment of excess breast tissue (man boobs or puffy nipples), you may find that no amount of dieting and exercise can remedy your situation. Dr. Schuster performs a revolutionary male breast reduction technique that leaves your chest looking attractive and masculine with the least amount of noticeable scarring.
- Inverted nipple correction: If inverted nipples make you feel self-conscious in intimate situations, Dr. Schuster’s inverted nipple correction technique can help you achieve the nipple appearance you desire while giving you the best chance at preserving sensation and the possibility to breast feed.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate For Breast Surgery?
First, you must have a concern that falls within the scope of what breast surgery can address, such as:
- Breast size
- Breast sagginess, drooping, and elongation
- Breasts that are too large and heavy
- Breast shape, projection, and cleavage
- Breast symmetry
- Breasts that have changed as a result of aging, weight fluctuations, and pregnancy/breastfeeding
- Nipples that have begun to droop and point downward
Dr. Schuster will also review these other aspects of candidacy with you:
- Your health history and whether you are in generally good overall health
- If you smoke, your ability to quit smoking before and after surgery
- Your preparedness to undergo a surgical procedure
- Your preparedness to take time off from work, exercise, and other activities for a brief time after surgery
If you want to improve your breasts and feel great about the way your breasts look and feel, then you are probably a good candidate for breast surgery. Dr. Schuster will help you choose the right path forward.
Can You Combine Breast Surgery Procedures?
Yes, breast procedures can be combined. The most common combination is breast augmentation with a breast lift. In the augmentation-mastopexy, sagging breasts are lifted, but also enlarged by placing breast implants. It’s an option for women who want to reverse sagging while increasing size. A breast lift alone does not create larger breasts, and a breast augmentation alone does not address drooping, elongated breast tissue. Combining them may be the best of both worlds.
If there are other procedures you want to combine, please discuss the possibility with Dr. Schuster. He will make sure that the combination will not only fulfill your goals and expectations, but also that the combination will be safe and effective. In certain circumstances, it may make more sense to space the surgical appointments a certain number of weeks apart.
How Safe Is Breast Surgery?
The risks associated with breast surgeries are generally low, if and when the surgery is performed by a qualified, trained, experienced breast surgeon. Dr. Schuster is a board-certified plastic surgeon who has been performing breast surgery for decades. He takes all steps to ensure your safety and mitigate risks. He is also personally committed to making sure each patient is fully aware of the risks so that she can make an informed decision.
The exact risks and safety profile will depend on the procedure. Most breast surgeries and other surgeries include the following risks:
- Poor wound healing
- Irregular results
- Excess scar tissue
Dr. Schuster also makes sure you know what you can do to prevent side effects and risks, including following all aftercare instructions carefully.
Will Breast Surgery Impact My Ability To Breastfeed?
Most breast surgery patients are able to breastfeed successfully. There is a small risk that certain incisions could impact breastfeeding, but the risk is low. If you plan to breastfeed, let Dr. Schuster know in your consultation so that you can discuss this risk and how to lower it even further, including incision location.
Will I Have Scars After Breast Surgery?
Yes, breast surgery does leave scars. The exact shape, location, and length depends on the specific procedure. In all cases, Dr. Schuster uses the most minimal incisions possible and provides complete aftercare instructions to help the scar heal successfully. Your skin will also scar in a unique way, compared to other individuals, so to some extent the final scarring cannot be predicted.
The vast majority of breast surgery patients are happy with the tradeoff: minimal scars for enhanced breasts. The scars are concealed beneath bras and swimsuit tops. Even when unconcealed, most scars heal so that they become much flatter and lighter in color after one year.
Will The Results Of My Breast Surgery Look Natural?
If you want the results of breast surgery to look natural, then yes! Dr. Schuster will create flattering, beautiful results that look natural. Some women prefer a look that is more overdone, round and large, and - while still natural - more obvious and dramatic. An experienced breast surgeon like Dr. Schuster can match the final results to the look you want, especially when it concerns breast augmentation. As far as other procedures are concerned, breast lifts and breast reductions can be customized to suit your desired outcome as well.
Why Choose Dr. Schuster for Your Breast Surgery
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Ronald Schuster has been providing beautiful, proportionate cosmetic breast surgery results for nearly three decades. During the course of his illustrious career, he has built a reputation for excellence by developing innovative techniques and providing results that are elegant, balanced and natural-looking. We invite you visit our before-and-after gallery to see examples of Dr. Schuster’s impressive results for yourself.
Beyond his artistic eye and surgical precision, a key element of Dr. Schuster’s success is his passion for creating genuine personal bonds with those he treats. By establishing a trusting patient relationship based on honesty and integrity, Dr. Schuster can truly understand your unique goals and create a comfortable atmosphere in which you can speak openly about your personal concerns.
Patients travel across the country to obtain the benefits of Dr. Schuster’s cutting-edge techniques and unparalleled results. If you live outside of Maryland and would like to discuss your breast surgery options, we proudly offer virtual consultations.
Read what our patients are saying!
" Everything was fantastic, from the initial consultation to the surgery to the recovery. Dr. Schuster is amazing at what he does and I’m extremely thankful that I went with him for my procedure. He’s real, he’s genuine, and he’s professional. "