As you age, you may notice the inevitable sagging of skin around your chin and jaw line. You may notice that the contour of your jaw is not as sharp as it used to be. This is called jowling and it happens to pretty much everyone. Fortunately, experienced plastic surgeon Dr. Ronald Schuster provides several ways to correct jowling:
- Facelift surgery. A facelift is really the gold standard when it comes to eliminating jowls and sagging skin. The surgical removal of lax tissue, and tightening of remaining tissue, leads to a youthfully sharpened jaw line and refreshed facial appearance. Plus, the results are long-lasting.
- Neck lift surgery. While a neck lift does not directly address jowling on its own, when combined with a facelift this procedure tightens the jaw line and the neck. This procedure also addresses vertical banding of the neck caused by lax muscles.
- Kybella for a double chin. If the issue you are unhappy with is actually a double chin and not sagging skin along the jaw, then the injectable Kybella may be a great option for you. This completely non-surgical injectable melts excess fat beneath your chin. Kybella does not, however, address sagging skin.
- Viora non-surgical skin tightening. This treatment uses radiofrequency to generate new collagen, thereby tightening skin on the neck, face and body. In this way, Viora addresses jowls at one of their primary sources: the natural deterioration of collagen and elastin in your skin as you age.
- Mini/micro liposuction. Liposuction can be used to reduce fullness in the jowl area. Though it doesn’t tighten the skin, it will reduce the size of the jowl and make your cheeks appear more slender. This is a simple office procedure.
The right treatment for your jowls will depend on multiple factors, including the degree and amount of sagging, and your priorities and preferences. Dr. Schuster is dedicated to his patients and takes all the time necessary to review your options.
Arrange a Consultation with Dr. Schuster
If you live in or around Baltimore, MD, and if you are interested in tightening jowls along your jaw line, please call the practice of board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Ronald Schuster at 410-902-9800. We are happy to answer your questions and arrange a consultation for you with Dr. Schuster at our office in Lutherville-Timonium.