‘You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.’ Jim Rohn
Recently, I had a colleague asked me, “Dr. Schuster, what’s the secret behind your successful cosmetic surgery practice in Baltimore.” My answer, ” A big part of my success comes down to the people I surround myself with.”
I don’t think anyone can truly be successful in their own right, no matter their level of expertise or skill set. My success is a result of those around me both in and out of the operating room. I am surrounded by a fiercely loyal staff (most have been with me for over a decade), a wonderful family, supportive friends, and established colleagues. The result has been a ton of happy patients and I’ll continue to build a strong team that’ll help me to grow and brings our success to new heights.
Here is an exercise to help you better reevaluate who you chose to spend your time with.
- Who are 5 people in your life that you spend the most time with? Write down their names on a piece of paper.
- Once you have a list of those 5 people, ask yourself this: Who are they? What do they do with their lives? How ambitious are they, how successful have they been, how happy, optimistic, and enthusiastic are they?
- Evaluate carefully if these people will help you get to the next level you want to get to. Do they challenge you? Will they keep your vision alive even when you are out of sight? Are you philosophically aligned?
- Make a choice of who on your list you want to continue spending time with. Don’t be afraid if only 1 or 2 amongst your 5 people today meet the standard of excellence you want to set for yourself.
- Keep going- you may need to rebuild your team and keep your eyes open for mentors and people that you want to have in your inner circle of success.
Considering cosmetic surgery in Maryland? Call (410) 902-9800 with any questions and/or to schedule your personalized consultation.
Hope to see you soon!