Used alone or in conjunction with other cosmetic surgery procedures, chin surgery can significantly improve the overall appearance of the face.* Dr. Ronald Schuster works with each patient to discuss concerns and determine an appropriate treatment plan.
Purpose of Chin Surgery:
- To improve appearance of the chin by enhancing or reducing its size or altering its shape
- To enhance facial proportions and create symmetry
- To improve profile
Chin Surgery Techniques:
- If augmentation is desired, implants of various shapes, sizes and materials are available. Dr. Schuster can insert the implant through a small incision inside the mouth or under the chin
- To reduce or alter chin size, Dr. Schuster can sculpt the underlying bone through a small incision inside the mouth or under the chin.
- Liposuction may also be used to reduce excess fat in the chin area and create a more pleasing appearance.
- Chin surgery may be combined with rhinoplasty, as well as other cosmetic procedures like face lift, eyelid surgery, brow lift, and more. Dr. Schuster can help determine which options are best suited to your personal goals.
Recuperation After Chin Surgery:
- Performed as an outpatient procedure
- Surprisingly easy recovery with minimal discomfort
- Recommended one week off school/work
- Return to regular activity by two weeks
For more information on chin surgery or other cosmetic options, please contact plastic surgeon Ronald Schuster, MD to schedule a consultation.
*Individual results may vary