Breast Lift Specialist
Breast lift surgery is performed to achieve a more youthful, and natural-looking figure. * The breast lift procedure is popular amongst our Baltimore-area patients. Cosmetic surgeon Ronald Schuster, MD can work with each patient to develop a treatment plan to meet their individual goals.
Purpose of Breast Lift Surgery:
- To tighten sagging breasts, improving appearance and firmness
- To correct sagging that may occur after pregnancy or weight loss
- Can be combined with breast augmentation to increase actual size
Video: Breast Lift
Women who desire more youthful, perky breasts may undergo breast lift surgery in Baltimore with Dr. Ronald Schuster.* Learn more about this breast enhancement procedure.
Breast Lift Surgery Techniques:
- Depending upon the degree of sagging, a variety of different incisions and scars are produced. This can range from scars just around the areola, to include scars which run downward and beneath the breast, hidden in the fold. As with any breast surgery, be aware that there is always some scarring. The choice of the best breast lift technique for you is discussed during your consultation at our Baltimore, Maryland area plastic surgery center.
- Breast lift can be combined with breast implants to increase the breast size. Dr. Schuster does not believe that an implant alone “lifts” the breast. Sometimes only adding an implant creates a larger, more saggy breast. Many women today simply want a tighter, slightly more full but more perky breast. This will usually require some type of breast lift.
- Breast lift surgery at our office near Baltimore, Maryland may also be combined with liposuction, tummy tuck, face lift, rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery, BOTOX® Cosmetic, Restylane®, laser skin resurfacing, and more to further enhance your overall transformation.
- “How do I know what’s right for me?” Answer: If you are happy with your cup size in a bra but don’t like the shape, then chances are you need only a breast lift. If you are still unsatisfied with the size of your breast in a bra, then you need an implant as well.
Recuperation After Breast Lift Surgery:
- Performed as an outpatient procedure
- Relatively easy, moderate pain
- Mild bruising and swelling for one week
- Recommend one week off from work after breast lift surgery
- Return to full activity and sports in four weeks
For more information on the breast lift procedure, please contact Baltimore, Maryland area plastic surgeon Ronald Schuster, MD to schedule a consultation. Dr. Schuster will be pleased to meet with you to discuss your personal appearance concerns and work with you to develop a treatment plan.
*Individual results may vary