Breast Augmentation in Baltimore
Combining personalized care with exceptional experience, Dr. Ronald Schuster is able to help Baltimore breast augmentation patients at his plastic surgery center achieve beautiful, natural-looking results.
Purpose of Breast Augmentation Surgery:
- To enhance existing breast size with implants
- To create a more desirable breast shape
- To correct breast asymmetry
Type of Breast Implants:
- Saline – implant filled with salt water
- Silicone gel (also called “cohesive gel”) implant filled with a thickened gelatinous form of silicone – only available to women under certain circumstances: those who have had them previously and are now having problems with them, women having additional breast lift (mastopexy), and women having breast reconstruction
- Implants come in a variety of sizes and shapes (round and tear drop). Which type, size and shape depends on the woman’s breasts, skin, chest size, and breast enlargement goals. During your consultation at our Maryland office, Dr. Schuster can help you determine which size and shape are best suited to your individual needs.
- With the use of any implant there are many issues to be discussed. This includes issues about how implants are made, how long they last, what happens when they wear out and how they might affect the body. Discussion of these important issues, as well as many others, is beyond the scope of this website. A full hour is dedicated to discussing these during your breast augmentation consultation. Call our Baltimore, Maryland area office for an appointment or to get more information.
Video: Breast Augmentation
Dr. Schuster is a top breast augmentation surgeon in Baltimore, MD who has helped many women enhance their appearance and self-confidence. Learn more about the breast augmentation techniques he uses.
Breast Enlargement Techniques:
- A variety of different incisions can be chosen though most are performed through a small 1 1/4″ incision beneath the breast
- The implant may be placed either beneath the breast gland (subglandular) or beneath the pectoralis muscle (submuscular) which lies under the breast gland. Recommendations are made depending upon the size and shape of the breast, the thickness of the skin, type of implant chosen and ultimate breast augmentation goal desired.
- Can be used together with a breast lift (mastopexy) procedure. This is done to correct for excess sagging of the breast and to provide for more fullness. Additionally, breast augmentation in Baltimore may be combined with face lift, eyelid surgery, rhinoplasty, tummy tuck, liposuction in Baltimore, and more to complete your transformation.
Recuperation after Breast Augmentation Surgery:
- Performed as an outpatient procedure
- Relatively easy recovery
- Moderate swelling and discomfort for a few days after breast enlargement
- Recommend one week off from work
- Back to full activity and sports three weeks after breast augmentation surgery
To schedule a breast enlargement consultation at our Baltimore, Maryland area office, please contact plastic surgeon Ronald Schuster, MD today. Patients interested in breast augmentation can also visit the Breast Implant Safety website to learn more.