FACELIFT OPTIONS IN BALTIMORE, MD
An experienced cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Ronald Schuster is able to utilize a variety of surgical techniques, including the composite face lift technique, to help patients at his Baltimore, Maryland area center enjoy superior face lift results.
Purpose of Face Lift Procedure:
- To rejuvenate the aging face
- To restore and maintain balance of the face
- To remove excess sagging skin (turkey gobbler), sagging jowls, and cheeks; clean up jaw line
- To improve appearance and create a more rested, younger look
Video: Facelift Surgery
Face Lift Techniques:
- There are many different types of face lift procedures. They go by many different names including “skin only,” ‘traditional,” “SMAS,” “extended SMAS,” “endoscopic,” “subperiosteal,” and more. Patients at our Baltimore, Maryland area center can discuss various face lift options with Dr. Schuster during their consultation.
- Dr. Schuster performs a special face lift method called a “Composite Face Lift.” Dr. Schuster trained in this technique many years ago, directly under the tutelage of its inventor, Dr. Sam Hamra. Since that time, he has gone on to expand and refine the technique, and now includes a mid-face lift together with the Composite face lift to help patients at his Baltimore area practice achieve the most complete, natural and balanced approach to rejuvenation of the aging face.
- What makes the Composite face lift a better option? Dr. Schuster believes it is the best method to restore sagging cheeks and cheek folds to a natural, more youthful appearance. Most importantly, the Composite face lift avoids the “over pulled,” or “wind tunnel” appearance. It maintains the most balanced correction which leaves you looking the most natural.
- Composite face lift technique is also more complete than traditional face lift procedures
- Includes correction of “midface” sagging cheeks
- Often combined with eyelid surgery or brow lift surgery. At our Baltimore, Maryland area practice, face lift may also be combined with rhinoplasty, BOTOX® Cosmetic, Restylane®, laser resurfacing, and other cosmetic options to enhance results.
- While Baltimore facelift surgeon Dr. Schuster specializes in using the Composite face lift technique, not everyone needs it. For these patients, he is able to perform more traditional face lift procedures. During your consultation with Dr. Schuster, he can advise you of the type of face lift that would be most appropriate for helping you achieve a natural, balanced appearance.
Recuperation After Face Lift Surgery:
- Can be performed as an outpatient procedure, although some facilities will allow you to stay overnight at a very discounted charge
- Relatively easy, surprisingly minimal discomfort
Face and Neck
- Recommend two weeks off from school/work
- Bruising and swelling can be covered by makeup in two weeks
- Return to full activity in three to four weeks
- Recommend one week off of school/work
- Most bruising and swelling can be covered by makeup in 10 days
- Return to full activity in three weeks
To learn more about composite face lift and other options, contact our Baltimore, Maryland area office today. During your face lift consultation, Dr. Schuster can determine which technique is right for you.