FACELIFT SURGERY IN BALTIMORE
Do you think that you look older than you should?
As the years pass, we become vulnerable to the visible effects of aging. These are most apparent around the face, in the form of wrinkles, fine lines, saggy and loose skin and displaced fat. If you yearn for the youthful facial appearance you enjoyed 10 or 15 years ago, discover the fountain of youth with facelift.* Facelift is the most comprehensive anti-aging solution that Dr. Ronald Schuster offers. The procedure will tighten loose skin, “lift” the underlying tissue, smooth wrinkles and lines and restore volume to areas of the face that need it. After your facelift, you will look like a more rested, youthful and pleasant version of yourself.*
An experienced cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Ronald Schuster is able to utilize a variety of surgical techniques, including the composite face lift technique, to help patients at his Baltimore, Maryland area center enjoy superior face lift results.
Purpose of Face Lift Procedure:
- To rejuvenate the aging face
- To restore and maintain balance of the face
- To remove excess sagging skin (turkey gobbler), sagging jowls, and cheeks; clean up jaw line
- To improve appearance and create a more rested, younger look
Dr. Schuster on Facelift Surgery
Face Lift Techniques:
- There are many different types of face lift procedures. They go by many different names including “skin only,” ‘traditional,” “SMAS,” “extended SMAS,” “endoscopic,” “subperiosteal,” and more. Patients at our center can discuss various face lift options with Dr. Schuster during their consultation.
- Dr. Schuster performs a special face lift method called a “Composite Face Lift.” Dr. Schuster trained in this technique many years ago, directly under the tutelage of its inventor, Dr. Sam Hamra. Since that time, he has gone on to expand and refine the technique, and now includes a mid-face lift together with the Composite face lift.
- What makes the Composite face lift a better option? Dr. Schuster believes it is the best method to restore sagging cheeks and cheek folds to a natural, more youthful appearance. Most importantly, the Composite face lift avoids the “over pulled,” or “wind tunnel” appearance. It maintains the most balanced correction which leaves you looking the most natural.
- Composite face lift technique is also more complete than traditional face lift procedures
- Includes correction of “midface” sagging cheeks
- Often combined with eyelid surgery or brow lift surgery. At our Baltimore, Maryland area practice, face lift may also be combined with rhinoplasty, BOTOX® Cosmetic, Restylane®, laser resurfacing, and other cosmetic options to enhance results.
- While Dr. Schuster specializes in using the Composite face lift technique, not everyone needs it. For these patients, he is able to perform more traditional face lift procedures. During your consultation with Dr. Schuster, he can advise you of the type of face lift that would be most appropriate for helping you achieve a natural, balanced appearance.
Recuperation After Face Lift Surgery:
- Can be performed as an outpatient procedure, although some facilities will allow you to stay overnight at a very discounted charge
- Relatively easy, surprisingly minimal discomfort
Face and Neck
- Recommend two weeks off from school/work
- Bruising and swelling can be covered by makeup in two weeks
- Return to full activity in three to four weeks
- Recommend one week off of school/work
- Most bruising and swelling can be covered by makeup in 10 days
- Return to full activity in three weeks
To learn more about composite face lift and other options, contact our office today. During your face lift consultation, Dr. Schuster can determine which technique is right for you.
*Individual results may vary